Join us to look beyond the impossible to what is possible!
Intensive Training in Solution Focused Intervention
Skills, Techniques & Process for Mental Health Professionals.
Date: 2-4 & 9-11 October 2020 (18 hours in 6 Days)
Time: 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM (IST)
Platform: Zoom Application
The intensive training focuses on:
- Building Solution Focused mindset and the skillset that required to conduct a solution-focused therapy conversation.
- How to run the first and follow-up therapy sessions, as well as refine micro-skills in developing useful therapeutic questions.
Target participants: Clinical Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Clinical Supervisors, School Counsellors and Trainees etc.
Method of instructions:
- Live demonstrations: Apart from online dyadic lecturing, the facilitator will demonstrate the use of solution-focused therapeutic questions and how to help the clients work toward their goals.
- Breakout room activities: Participants will work together by assuming the roles of therapist and client to practice the skills and techniques of SFBT.
- Discussions: Apart from the Q&A session, the facilitator and participants will engage in conversations on refining clinical skills, case vignettes and reflections about their experiences during role-plays.
Dr. Jaseem Koorankot, Asst. Professor of Clinical Psychology, IHMANS, Calicut.
Being a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (RCI), Dr. Jaseem has over ten years of practice experience in solution-focused brief therapy in the mental health care setting. He writes and presents on solution-focused brief therapy, psychotherapy process research, affective neuroscience, career psychology and psychometric test construction. Visit www.jaseem.org to know more about the facilitator.