Solution Focused Brief Therapy: Child & Adolescent Skills, Techniques and Application Inhouse Training: Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Doha Date: 1, 8 & 15 October 2020 Time: 07.30 AM to 10.30 AM (AST) Platform:
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: Child & Adolescent
Skills, Techniques and Application
Inhouse Training: Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Doha
Date: 1, 8 & 15 October 2020
Time: 07.30 AM to 10.30 AM (AST)
Platform: Zoom Application
The training focuses on:
- Building Solution Focused mindset and the skillset that required to conduct a solution-focused therapy conversation
- How to run the first and follow-up therapy sessions, as well as refine micro-skills in developing useful therapeutic questions.
Method of instructions:
- Live demonstrations: Apart from online dyadic lecturing, the facilitator will demonstrate the use of solution-focused therapeutic questions and how to help the clients work toward their goals.
- Breakout room activities: Participants will work together by assuming the roles of therapist and client to practice the skills and techniques of SFBT.
- Discussions: Apart from the Q&A session, the facilitator and participants will engage in conversations on refining clinical skills, case vignettes and reflections about their experiences during role-plays.
Dr Jaseem Koorankot, Asst. Professor of Clinical Psychology, Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (IMHANS), Govt. Medical College Campus, Calicut.
Dr Jaseem is a registered (RCI) Clinical Psychologist who has over ten years of practice experience in solution-focused brief therapy within the mental health care setting. He writes and presents on solution-focused brief therapy, psychotherapy process research, affective neuroscience, career psychology and psychometric test construction. Visit www.jaseem.org to know more about the facilitator.
Academy for Solution Focused Approach & Research (ASFAR)
+91 95399 33211
1 (Thursday) 7:30 am - 15 (Thursday) 10:30 am AST
CAMHS, DohaChild & Adolescent Mental Health Service, Doha