Academy for Solution Focused Approaches & Research
Govt. Medical College PO, Calicut, Kerala
Events by this organizer
Do you love research and are seeking to make a career out of it, but don’t know how to start? Here’s a way for you to learn through the best
Do you love research and are seeking to make a career out of it, but don’t know how to start? Here’s a way for you to learn through the best way- by immersing yourself in it head-on through being part of groundbreaking research work. Gain experience in handling data, reviewing the literature, preparing reports and learning to deal with ethical considerations for research from industry experts.
- Understand in research methodology
- Develop research questions and research design
- Prepare and present research proposal/synopsis
- Experience data collection, organisation and tabulation
- Use appropriate statistical analysis (using SPSS & R Programming)
- Interpret and report analysed data
- Write a research report and scientific paper
- Present the paper in an international research conference
Target participants: Postgraduate students, research scholars and professional of social science.
Mode of delivery
- Dyadic online lectures
- Supervision meetings
- Real-time data analysis
- Exercise & presentations
Duration: September – November 2020 (3 months)
|September||Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis||Online lecture; twice a week|
|October||Synopsis Preparation, Presentation & Data Collection||Individual & group supervisions|
|November||Data Analysis (SPSS/R), Interpretation & Paper Writing||Individual & group supervisions|
(Monday) 6:00 pm
What is a solution-focused experiential group? With the help of a facilitator, participants making attempts to do self-reflection to expand awareness of their resources, strength and best hopes about their desired
What is a solution-focused experiential group?
With the help of a facilitator, participants making attempts to do self-reflection to expand awareness of their resources, strength and best hopes about their desired future.
- A brief introduction to the solution-focused approach
- How does the solution-focused group works?
- The process and the expected outcome of group sessions
- Art of making useful questions in the group sessions
Target participants: Mental Health Professionals & Trainees
Time: 7.15 PM to 9.45 PM (IST)
Platform: Zoom Application
- Online dyadic lecture
- Breakout room activity
- Live demonstration
- Q&A Session
- Stable internet
- Active video & audio
- Writing materials
- Jaseem Koorankot is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and an internationally acclaimed Solution Focused Facilitator, currently working as an assistant professor of clinical psychology at Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (IMHANS), Calicut, India.
- Awarded research grants by European Brief Therapy Association (2016 & 18), DST- CSRI and ICSSR in the field of SFBT.
- Delivered invited talks and several training in India, Europe, New Zealand and the Middle East.
- Founder member; Association of Solution Focused Practices – India (ASFP-I).
(Monday) 7:15 pm - 9:45 pm
Intensive Training in Solution Focused Intervention Skills, Techniques & Process for Mental Health Professionals. Date: 2-4 & 9-11 October 2020 (18 hours in 6 Days) Time: 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM (IST) Platform: Zoom
Intensive Training in Solution Focused Intervention
Skills, Techniques & Process for Mental Health Professionals.
Date: 2-4 & 9-11 October 2020 (18 hours in 6 Days)
Time: 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM (IST)
Platform: Zoom Application
The intensive training focuses on:
- Building Solution Focused mindset and the skillset that required to conduct a solution-focused therapy conversation
- How to run the first and follow-up therapy sessions, as well as refine micro-skills in developing useful therapeutic questions.
Target participants: Clinical Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Clinical Supervisors, School Counsellors and Trainees etc.
Method of instructions:
- Live demonstrations: Apart from online dyadic lecturing, the facilitator will demonstrate the use of solution-focused therapeutic questions and how to help the clients work toward their goals.
- Breakout room activities: Participants will work together by assuming the roles of therapist and client to practice the skills and techniques of SFBT.
- Discussions: Apart from the Q&A session, the facilitator and participants will engage in conversations on refining clinical skills, case vignettes and reflections about their experiences during role-plays.
Dr. Jaseem Koorankot, Asst. Professor of Clinical Psychology, IHMANS, Calicut.
Being a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (RCI), Dr. Jaseem has over ten years of practice experience in solution-focused brief therapy in the mental health care setting. He writes and presents on solution-focused brief therapy, psychotherapy process research, affective neuroscience, career psychology and psychometric test construction. Visit www.jaseem.org to know more about the facilitator.
Registration fee: 2800 INR (for all the 6 training sessions)
Mode of Payment
- Online Transfer:
Ac: SOLUTION FOCUSED ASSOCIATES
Ac. No: 1072102000006866
- UPI/Google Pay:
UPI ID: [email protected]
Google Pay: 9539933211
(Friday) 3:00 pm